The Forgotten Realms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Player Created Persistent NWN2 Role-Playing World

Calandil Rhuival

Pattu
    Pattu

Calandil Rhuival Empty Calandil Rhuival

Post  Pattu Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Name: Calandil Rhuival
    Race: Wood Elf
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 160lbs
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Brown
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Faith: Meilikki
    Class: Swordmaster (Ranger/Fighter/Tempest with permission)

Physical Description:

A young adult male elf. He stands a bit taller when compared to most other elves. He keeps himself in good shape and has a noticeably strong build. His skin tone is copper as traditional for a wood elf. He keeps his silky brown hair down loosely, but cleanly around his head. His eyes are a piercing green and are capable of staring very sharply. He is almost always seen wearing leather armor, preferring to remain practical. A long bow can be seen stored which he primarily uses for hunting. More notably however, sheathed against his back is a pair of scimitars. Overall, his appearance is not unpleasant. He is polite when speaking and welcomes others warmly, but at times he may give off an intimidating impression.

Background:

"Murderous orc savages... I despise every one of them and I will get my revenge.. but my sister.. I must foremost protect her.. she is all I have left."

Calandil was born in the hidden elven city of Semberholme located in the southwest of Cormanthor Forest. His parents were both Wood Elves and bore two children, the other being his younger sister. He developed a strong bond with his sister and continues to care for her deeply. He refers to her often as "Filfa Laelaanam," meaning Baby Sister. He began defending her at a very young age, seeing it as his duty. Although, he sometimes unknowingly tries to shelter her too much to an unnecessary extreme.

Calandil's parents were both consummate adventures. His father was an accomplished ranger and scout. His mother was an established arcane archer. Both passed down what knowledge they could to prepare their children for the world. Calandil was further directed to study under a village swordmaster. The training was difficult and almost daily, but Calandil dedicated himself to learn the swordmaster's dance. His teacher was stern yet Calandil respected him greatly and viewed him almost as a second father. Calandil spent his youth studying and bettering himself in order to repay his parent's love. However that payment was cut short before it could be fulfilled.

Both of Calandil's parents were killed during an orc raid leaving himself and his sister orphaned with no other family. He was eighty at this time. The death of his parents wounded Calandil severely. He developed controlling hate of all orc kind. The pain eventually became too great for him to remain in the village. He would leave Semberholme promising to avenge his parents, but also to find his purpose in life.

Calandil's sister would follow and company him, along with another. A young moon elf girl who Calandil's sister befriended at a young age. Calandil found the two almost unseperatable at times and he too eventually developed a close bond with the moon elf. Leaving Semberholme the three understood that the village's location must remain hidden and made a pact of secrecy.

Their travels led them to Shadowvale. In this new place, Calandil made a further pact with himself to always keep the to younger girls safe. They are following a rumor that the elves are trying to recover and rebuild Myth Drannor. He is just glad it provides a direction for now.

Approved by Fyrekrest

Last edited by Fyrekrest on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Approval: well done!)