The Forgotten Realms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Player Created Persistent NWN2 Role-Playing World

Solarina deshade

Solarina
    Solarina

Solarina deshade Empty Solarina deshade

Post  Solarina Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:20 pm

background flashback, not a journal entry, for flavor :

Champion Throm looks stern and says " Solarina it is our judgement that you be sent away from this temple, you have become to close to one of the new priests in training and he errs in his ways around you. Simply put young Thadius cannot learn of duty when his mind does wander to things. . . well you get the idea pack your stuff, we are sending you to shadowdale "

* Solarina looks down red faced at this *

Champion Throm looks soften and says " Child, I do not reproach ye, understand this. These times we are in are troubling, and we need to train Thadius well, and this will not go well with your influence around him. His talent with magic will suit us well, but he must learn first the core beliefs. You may seek him again child, when his training is done"

Solarina looks up and says " You are right, I had no right to accept his advances, not with what he must partake, in these times. I was Foolish and forgot what I hold most dear Champion Throm, the code."

Champion Throm says " do you still know the code by heart Solarina? Tell me it "

Solarina Looks at Champion Throm and repeats the code:

Be the champion of the weak and the defenseless.
    Be stern, unyielding and unswerving in your battles with evil.
    Obey your masters with alert judgment and anticipation.
    Serve the common good and the rule law established by honorable rulers.
    Seek prowess and skill in all endeavors.
    Stand ever alert against corruption.
    Every failure of duty diminishes Torm and every success adds to his luster.
    Be ever mindful of the code, and use them in your actions to swiftly enact justice.

Champion Throm Looks at her " And how did ye break the code child? "

Solarina says " Corruption. I let my own desires and that of our young novices desires to corrupt my ability to serve, to fulfill all of my duty's, and in so diminished Torm, but mostly myself. "

Champion Throm says " Child, you followed your heart, I cannot fault ye in this completely child, let this be a lesson to you, that following your heart is not always the way, the heart can lead to losing ones way if we follow it blindly. We do not serve Torms will with just our hearts, sometimes duty will my child tax thy heart heavily. Sometimes your duty's my child will carry a great weight. This my child is but a taste of that weight. Do you think I enjoy all of my duty's? No child, I would by lying to say such. But we do what we must, it is a long hard road at times, but if ye open your heart to will of Torm, he will lighten your burden child. Go now child and seek out others of the faith, this region can use you. The place I am sending you to will also strengthen you with what you endure. "

Solarina leaves without a word, her meager possessions she packs, including a stone etching of Thadius into a beaten rough pack. She thinks of the Champions words and knows he is right. Yet still as she turns facing the temple and the grounds, several tears flow down her face, leaving the temple she spent so much of her life at, leaving behind the first man she grew to have the beginnings of feelings for, no more then beginning, tore at her heart strings.

She then gives herself a look of disgust upon seeing a tear hit her hand, and vows to cease and lets her heart harden, pushing pushing away thoughts of home, of love, and instead starts to focus on the long hard road ahead, the unknown before her.

She boards the ship and it sets sail to the dalelands region. The journey sickens her at first then she grows accustomed to the seas. One night while on deck she fingers the stone etching of young Thadius, then flings it into the sea. She fights one lone tear, and a pain in her chest, and also fights a pain of a different type, that of her conscious when she says to herself "this is the right thing".

That one lone tear never comes down her face, never leaves her eye. Her demeanor tightens. Her heart hardens, and part of the girl who dreamed died on that deck. With the death of dreams, comes the birth of something else. The birth of duty, alert judgment, obedience and of penance..... but at what cost to this young lady who can say. She now believes in something else, and fills the void of what she killed inside herself with church dogma.

It was the loneliest night for her in her life. The twinkle her eyes one held turned into a piercing stare, one the weighs those she meets, devoid of affection or warmth. Those things she knows to be the precursor to failure, internal weakness, that which clouds the minds eye to the light and the way.

Leaving behind a part of herself, she sets foot in Shadowdale and looks sternly around herself, and sets down her path.

Approved by Fyrekrest

Last edited by Fyrekrest on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Approval: well done!)

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:21 am