The Forgotten Realms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Player Created Persistent NWN2 Role-Playing World

4 posters

Available Races & Classes

Fyrekrest
    Fyrekrest
    Admin

Available Races & Classes Empty Available Races & Classes

Post  Fyrekrest Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:43 pm

The following is a list of races that will be available to players at launch:

• Dwarf: gold, shield
    • Elf: moon, sun, wood
    • Gnome: rock, forest
    • Halfling: strongheart, lightfoot
    • Half-elf: half elf
    • Halforc: halforc
    • Human: human

Initially, these are the only races that will be available to players. As the server expands, additional races may become readily available for play, such as orcs, goblins, etc.

Please note that many of the exceptionally rare or fantastic races (such as drider, star elves, half-drow, ogres, etc) may be available to players who have established themselves as extraordinary role-players who have received approval from the DM team. Initially, these races will be prohibited.

The following classes will be available to players at launch:

• Barbarian
    • Bard
    • Cleric
    • Druid
    • Fighter
    • Monk
    • Paladin
    • Ranger
    • Rogue
    • Scout
    • Sorcerer
    • Swashbuckler
    • Thug
    • Wizard

Please note that many of the exceptionally rare or fantastic classes (such as favored souls, shadowdancers, ninja, etc) may be available to players who have established themselves as extraordinary role-players who have received approval from the DM team. Initially, these classes will be prohibited. Some PrCs may require a character to have established particular forms of role-play before they may pursue levels in that class (such as Red Wizard of Thay requiring some form of connection to the Red Wizards).

Last edited by Fyrekrest on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gandruff
    Gandruff

Available Races & Classes Empty Re: Available Races & Classes

Post  Gandruff Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:20 am

Just wondering about some of the other base classes that arent listed warlock, wild mage, all the tome of battle classes such as crusader, warblade, ect. How would one go after those is this going to be an application process or hows that going to work?
    Care/Akeri_rualuavain
    Care/Akeri_rualuavain

Post  Care/Akeri_rualuavain Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:51 pm

what would be the process to request one of the class or race that his DM approval ?
    Nephtys
    Nephtys

Post  Nephtys Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:37 am

What will be the prestige class available so we can think for the futur of our character when the times comes and not be surprise if the prestige class we want require DM approval?
    Fyrekrest
    Fyrekrest
    Admin

Post  Fyrekrest Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

The DM team has agreed to keep PrCs restricted to DM approval. To answer another player's inquiries, this was my response (to make it general knowledge):

Fyrekrest wrote:Many of them will remain restricted to dm approval. This does not mean, however, that we hope to severely restrict them. Myself and the DMs that I have spoken with thus far have agreed to err on the side of the player, being liberal with the approvals. It is an attempt, however, to maintain control over min-maxing and power-builds which often involve sacrificing logic, lore or "realism." (I use the term "realism" loosely, hehe).

Many of the PrCs require specific role-play, so I do not think it is too much to ask for a player to submit a brief approval request to the DM team with a brief outline of why/how the PrC is fitting to them. More often then not, the approval should pass both quickly and without problem. Since we encourage players to develop believable character concepts for their characters, it should be a simple and easy matter to make the request.

Just to reiterate, the approval process is not meant to restrict the majority of the classes, but instead to filter out some of the more outrageous and inappropriate combinations.

Just to clarify, two quick examples: First, a fighter who's been specializing in a particular weapon his entire life asks for permission to gain levels in the weapon master PrC. Without hesitation, the player gets approved. Second, a drow wizard wants levels in Red Wizard, without having ever been in contact in any way with a Red Wizard: denied. Instead of creating a list of what is acceptable, I'm encouraging the DM team to keep an open mind that there may be an exception to every rule, and thus err in favor the player when we can.
    Nephtys
    Nephtys

Post  Nephtys Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:12 am

Won't hear me complaining about it. I like the idea.
    Care/Akeri_rualuavain
    Care/Akeri_rualuavain

Post  Care/Akeri_rualuavain Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:44 pm

+1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:03 am