The Forgotten Realms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Player Created Persistent NWN2 Role-Playing World

On Healing and Healing Kits

Fyrekrest
    Fyrekrest
    Admin

On Healing and Healing Kits Empty On Healing and Healing Kits

Post  Fyrekrest Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:47 am

Please note that the server makes use of a system of hp replenishment that some players may not be familiar with. Currently, resting is set to heal four hit points per level and resting is limited to once every 3 in game hours (18 minutes). This is to encourage players to rely on teamwork and tactics, as well as healers and healing magic. If a player sustains a great deal of damage, they will need to find a healer to tend their wounds (or make use of another form of healing such as potions).

To achieve a limited form of healing, players will notice that their hit points will fully replenish while resting and then Someone will induce a number of points of magical damage to bring the player back down to the appropriate number. Someone injuring you is merely a work-around for the game mechanics.

Also, healing kits have been fully removed from the server (including stores and random loot generation) and will not be implemented. I believe that the use of healing kits allows a character to instantly heal oneself, even in the midst of battle, without any magical means and is, in my opinion, poor role-play. I have no intentions of adding them back in.

A number of these decisions have been made to promote and encourage teamwork, in addition to making an effort to one of the roles of classes such as clerics.

[Edit: I should add that Potion of Cure Light Wounds, Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, Potion of Cure Serious Wounds, Potion of Cure Critical Wounds and Potion of Heal have all been changed so that a character may use them on another character. Thus, if your healer falls unconscious and starts bleeding, you can still help him out by pouring a potion in his mouth]

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:41 am